1. Do you screen your employees?
Yes, before any of our employees start working with our children we obtain clearance from The Department of Justice. We implement random drug testing and train our lead staff to be CPR Certified.
2. What are your teacher's qualifications?
Our teachers have background training in Early Child Development; their education ranges from 12 college units at an accredited JC or University to a BS degree in Child Development. We also have resident teachers who are at our sites temporarily while working on their teaching credentials.
3. Are there any specials or savings?
Yes!! you will find a large variety of savings on this website, not just for childcare services but family products also. We have a team of professionals that research the internet for coupons, free stuff and great deals to help families save money. You may apply for our scholarship program TL Scin or other financial child care assistance from these programs PACE, Supportive Service or Children's Services Network.
4. How do I apply for the scholarship program?
Please call 559-228-8687 to setup an appointment to fill out the application at the Resource Center located on Shields Ave. This process will take approximately 30 minutes.
Please bring a copy of:
* Your current check stub
* Social Security Cards for you and your child
* Child's Immunization Card
5. May I call or visit anytime?
Yes you may. We enjoy parent participation; you are welcome on field trips and special outing events.
6. What is Skype?
Our schools have the ability to Skype, if you would like to video Skype your child; please contact your school Director for the Skype information. This feature will allow you to still stay connected with your child while you are at work via your mobile phone or desk top computer. Just create a Skype account for FREE at www.skype.com and add us to your contact list, we encourage you to Skype or call your child.
7. Does my child need to be potty trained?
No, and we assist you with your child's potty training at no additional charge.
8. What is your discipline and sick policy?
Redirection or timeout is the method used at N.L.D.S. At no time is harsh or corporal punishment permitted. The school cannot recognize the intent of the child but the action. We strive hard to maintain a safe environment for all of our children, so therefore there is a "Zero Tolerance" for children intentionally disobeying safety rules.
The State Department of Social Welfare requires a Licensed Physician Certificate of Good Health for each child upon entrance. If your child gets ill at school, they will be removed from the class room until you are able to pick them up. We are not designed to take care of sick children, so please keep them home if there is any symptom of illness. If your child is out one week due to a childhood relate illiness. We will provide you with half that weeks tuition credit.(maxium 10 days per year)
9. How much do I need to pay each month?
The prices vary depending on your child's age and hours of service needed. Ask the Director for a current rate sheet or click the price link button next door. we currently provide an additional 10% savings off the oldest sibling.
10. How do I enroll my child?
It is fast and easy. Fill out the forms provided in your packet and return it to your child's Director. Use form NLDS 1939 as a check off list, to insure you complete all the forms needed. If you need additional forms you may download from the forms link.
11. Do you provide Saturday childcare?
Yes, for over 26 years N.L.D.S. has been open on Saturdays. The Fresno/Shaw location which is centrally located in Fresno is conveniently open until 7:00pm. Please see the Director for additional information or call 559-228-8687.
12. This is my child's first childcare experience. What should I expect?
It's normal for a child to be apprehensive about the first day of preschool. The new situation and changes can cause separation anxiety. Spend some time talking about what the preschool day will entail. If possible, arrive early enough to allow time for you and your child to adjust for the day. If your child knows what to expect, they'll be better able to look forward to the experience with excitement instead of apprehension. Assure your child that mommy or daddy will be back. Remember we are only a phone call away.
13. Do you offer sibling discounts?
Yes,we offer a 10% discount off the oldest sibling.
14. What paid holidays do you observe?
N.L.D.S. is open all year round, but the observe the followingp paid holidays.
* New Years Day
* Martin Luther Kings' Day
* Presidents Day
* Memorial Day
* 4th of July
* Labor Day
* Veterans Day
* Thanksgiving & the following Friday
* Christmas Eve close @ 12:00
* Christmas Day
15. What is included in your services?
Infant, toddler, preschool and after school care services include:
* Breakfast, Lunch, afternoon snacks
* Our meals follow the State Nutrition Guidelines
* Updated information through our social networking website, emails, SMS
* Transportation to and from public schools
* Saturday childcare at our "Keats Center"
* Monthly field trips
* Formula for infants
* Childcare until 8:00pm at our Keats Center
* Preschool enrichment program from 9am-11am
* Fenced and supervised play yards
* Fingerprinted and CPR certified trained staff
* Staff with Core Early Childhood credits
16. What do I need to provide?
Infant Program Preschool Program
* 6 diapers daily (labeled)
A change of clothes (labeled) - Wet wipes (labeled)
Specialty items (labeled)
* 2 changes of clothes
* Breast milk (if applicable)
Toddler Program School Age Program
* 2 changes of clothes (labeled)
* School safety rules sign and returned
* Training pants or diapers (labeled)
Any personal items allowed by parent (labeled or engraved)
17. Who do I call if I have questions or concerns?
The Resource and Training Center has staff available to assist. Do not hesitate to give us a call 559-228-8687, Email firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a letter 1865 Herndon Ave #K335 Clovis, CA 93611.
18. Why should I choose your childcare facility?
N.L.D.S. is a locally owned chain of preschools that have been in business serving the community for over 26 years. We have second generation families enrolling their children in our schools because of the safety and security they felt as a child with us. Your child is cordially invited to discover our center for one day, absolutely FREE. We are certain that once your child has discovered our children's center program, you will want your child enrolled in our daily activities on an ongoing basis.